Greenlee Storage Chest On Sale At HD

Just thought I?d pass along what appears to be a good value for storing/securing tools.

Yesterday I picked up a Greenlee ?job site box? or chest (about 48 x 24 x 24 high, 156lbs) at Home Depot on sale for $160, marked down from $260. It is a big, heavy gage steel box with a couple recessed holes for pad locks that can?t be pried off or drilled out. The top is designed to close so rainwater cannot get in. Should keep dust out, too. I guess they are intended to secure tools that are left at a job site, I?m tossing it into my garage for some place to store hand tools/power tools. I?ll feel more comfortable while out of town, not so likely any tools will walk away. Don?t know how long it is on sale for.

See it on page two of the pdf, the model 2448:

possible use: I figure I can get four full-size lawyers in there if I cut them up and stack the pieces carefully.

Reply to
joe2