Cabinet clamps on sale at Rockler

The current Rockler sale lists Jet wooden jawed 10" cabinet clamps on sale - two for $8.99. I have a couple of 8" Jorgenson clamps that I use periodically and always wanted the next size up. I decided to check these out, since it represented a 70% savings.

The clamps are indeed jet brand and as expected - made in China. They are not quite the quality of my older Jorgensons but seemed respectable. One of the salesman said he had 15 of them at home and was very satisified and the price represented a great value. He said he had just sold 24 boxes of 3 to one customer who obviously thought they were a steal. We opened a box and he scanned the individual clamp to confirm the price. It came up $4.00 per clamp. I'd seen enough - "give me 8 of 'em".

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Darn they're not on the website. If gas wasn't $3.00 a gallon I would make the 750 mile round-trip to get some.

Reply to
RayV

RayV wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r3g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

Your telephone won't work? Call the store.

Reply to
Patriarch
?

two for $8.99.

$4.50 each?

opened a box and he scanned the individual >clamp to confirm the price. It came up $4.00 per

Bob.... OH, Bob.....

The regular price is $4.00 each, so you jumped on the sale price of $4.50 each? Did I get that right?

If I did, I have some real bargains on my work right now!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

LOL, as nailshooter pointed out, what did you really pay? The regular scanned price of $4 each or did you get the "special deal" of 2 for $8.99?

Reply to
Leon

To the best of my knowledge, the $4 was a glitch in the computer and represented a sale price that was less than the advertised $8.99. I was surprised that they came up priced individually, since the sale was by the pair. The salesman was, too, but he honored the price. It was not the everyday price. As I recall these clamps were $14.99 each on the website, when I looked them up. It must have been a clearance because Rockler no longer has them lists on the website.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

No, you didn't. the $4.00 was not the regular price. It was how the computer was coded that day for the sale. Apparently they miscoded it lower than the "pair" price. I can do math, too.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Either way you got a good deal. ;~) I got a few during the "previous to this" sale also.

Reply to
Leon