Fun With A Crafstman Tablesaw

The things I've done to my saw, sigh ...
http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworking/TableSaw /
sigh...your provided link results in file not found, kinda surprising for a software company, which I found by stripping off /PGP/ from your second link.
I think it's the two dashes at the end of the link, as I eventually found the page you are refering to . Looks like you use your saw as a power junction too. So do I. Convenient, since I have a cord drop from the ceiling to power the saw. 2HP on a consumer saw surprises me, especially craftsman. What year was the saw produced? Nice clean and well organized shop, and a well organized page with large pic options and pics in focus, thanks for the tour.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

This was not in the original message - it might be an artifact of your newsreader or ISP. I am able to click on my original messages and get right to the page.

About 10 years old iirc. The only bad thing is that it is direct drive and replacing the motor when the time comes will be a real pain (and expensive).

Thanks ;) My "shop" is my garage. Everything moves to the side walls when the tools are not in use.
I need one of those... Kinda like one of my workbenches. It started out as a table and is now more of a jig stand. All of my specialized jigs are permanetly screwed to the table.
I had no trouble at all with your link. I like your nice clean shop. I used a collection bag on mine till I got a DC. Do you have some dust escaping out the front through the control holes?
Check out my shop site... http://members.fretzmultimedia.com/joebettystein/page5.html
Joe
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Joe_Stein wrote:

A bit. But the bulk of my dust comes from the fact that I use a zero clearance insert, and most of the sawdust cannot fall down into the bag ;)

Is that a DW621 in your router table?
If so, how do you lie it for table use?
Eradicate Sampson wrote:

Yes
I like it a lot. However, I removed one of the plunge springs from it to make it easier to move up- and down under the table.

I have replaced my motor, pulley, wings, switch, inserts, and splitter, in addition to the dust bag and fence. And added a mobile base and crosscut box. Yours is almost stock compared to mine. Not that I am keeping score.