HD/Ridgid Hat Trick Promotion

So, did anyone take part in the Hat Trick promotion that ran through Dec/Jan and get a result? Both myself and a friend purchased $1000 worth of tools and are still waiting for our HD gift cards even though we are now past the 8-10 week deadline.

Reply to
DaveH

I did not take part in that promo, but I did take part in the November "but up to $200 in hand tools and get up to an $80.00 gift card.

I called every month after the initial 8 weeks and was given different excuses for the delay, even though I was told my rebate info submitted was fine. After 22 weeks of waiting, I received a form letter that stated my submission was incorrect and I wasn't entitled to a rebate.

I wrote nasty letters to Bob Nardelli, CEO of Home Depot and finally after 24 weeks received the card. It seems that the third party company fulfilling the promo were totally incompetent.

The waste of my time tracking and ultimately getting the gift card wasn't worth the $80.00 I am so disappointed in HD that I no longer spend my typical $1000/month for my contracting business there.

I was very good about keeping copies of the submission forms, receipts and notes on each phone call. How many other people just forgot about it, or accepted the denial. I was ready to submit it to my state attorney general.

However, I do receive lots of junk e-mail from them now. I guess the real reason for the promo was to increase their e-mail list.

I can only suggest that HD gift card promos should be entered at your own risk. If they want to deduct or give a premium at time of purchase I'd consider it, but promos are not worth the time.

I'm sorry if it's more than you want to know, but I'm still trying to work through it. It was almost as painful as my divorce.

Alan

Reply to
sadler

All these offers for rebates and gift cards - whether from Home Depot or Best Buys or Comp USA are all crap! The companies know that you decide to buy the product based on the final price with all the rebates, and they think that you don't care about the fact that you will have to wait weeks if not forever to get the rebate back.

I shop based on the lowest pricae avaiable, factoring in teh shipping cost, and don't even bother with rebates. It's a discount that you might never actually get! Too bad no one worries about consumer protection anymore to investigate these rabate scams.

Reply to
USENET READER

I bought a new monitor from Staples and it had a $90 rebate. You can apply on line and I had the check in about a week. I don't know if this was an exception or if NEC is the only one that has it together.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:9zs8e.24$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

I bought a set of tires for the S-10 Blazer, and there was supposed to be a $50 reabte on them. The store mgr, with whom I seem to do an unreasonable amount of business, even filled out the paperwork for me, which I dropped in the mail. Bridgestone turned down the rebate request.

The mgr made it up to me on the next set of tires, for the VW.

The percentage of folks not claiming rebates is called 'breakage', and is one part of the assumptions which go into running a promotion.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

though

I can top that. I mailed in my entry for the Hat Trick promo in late January. Since I'd yet to receive an answer from Ridgid early May, I wrote them a first email (no reply), and then a second, both through the customer service portal of their website. I received a reply from a Tom C, customer service rep, telling me that he "wasn't aware of a single recent Home Depot promotional that offered all three items that (I'd) mentioned".

But Tom C gave me a phone number where I left two messages to a Mrs. Jones, she's the one tracking the Hat Trick promo at Ridgid. Three days later I finally reached someone (Jessica) who informed me that they were really backed up on the promo, but after a thirteen minute search she informed me that they couldn't find my entry. And what was I to do? She suggested that I simply forget about it since they'd probably never received my entry.

What I have in my possession is a copy of my Home Depot bill of sale, the receipt from the post office from where I mailed the entry, and a printout of Ridgid's clueless customer service rep. And my local (Montreal, Canada) Ridgid sales rep is telling me that whatever Ridgid decides is final.

Now this is a problem. Anyone else?

Reply to
Big Bob Murphy