Friends in Beaumont

WTF is with you guys? Haven't you had enough rain?

TreWax is silicon free. I checked. Protect that cast iron.

Robatoy

As of the end of August Houston Intercontinental (IAH) where the weather service measures the "Oh-ficial" rainfall amounts, Houston had reached it's average annual total of ~48 inches. Still four months to go.

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Yesterday morning at this time the only "Humberto" I knew was on a construction crew, this morning it was apparently a hurricane less than 60 miles away that we all slept through ... and boy are the talking heads pissed!

Reply to
Swingman

They're squeezing everything they can out of it this morning.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

It's a rinse cycle for New Orleans.

Reply to
HeyBub

Actually I heard yesterday that Houston had reached 50.3" this year and Victoria has over 63".

Reply to
Leon

Bryan and I were discussing the hurricane season a couple of days ago. Apparently there is a "storm quota" to be filled and they have resorted to naming dense cloud covers.

Reply to
Leon

Certainly don't want to wish you Texans any harm, but we've been waiting and hoping for a weak tropical storm to blow through the coast quickly, do no real damage, and drift on up our way. Looks like this is the one.

We're in a "exceptional" drought, about 16" behind for the year. This thing is supposed to get us about two of those by Saturday night. Just right.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

They will drag out some old footage and talk all night about what COULD have happened. If we're lucky, they'll show that footage of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge flapping in the wind. CNN won't stop at anything these days.

Reply to
Robatoy

Anytime you want to send some of the rain northwesterly feel free. I live in Rio Rancho, NM and have had a whopping 6.22 inches of rain, the water company is considering making me a Honorary Chump for the amount of water used on my garden this year.

Reply to
asmurff