Freud LM74R Glue Line Rip Blade

I'm considering purchasing a jointer to use on a number of pending home projects that will require jointing boards together. In the process of reviewing my options I came across the Freud LM74R Glue Line Rip Blade. The promotional info on the blade indicates that it eliminates the need for a jointer and it cost about 1/7 the price of a good 6" jointer. I realize that a table saw cannot true up a warped or cupped board. However, if a board is reasonably flat to begin with it might work. Does anyone have any personal experience this blade?

tlorman at stny dot rr dot com

Reply to
Tom Lorman

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I have the (don't laugh!) set of clamps sold at Rockler that you can use on your TS as a jointer. Used in combination with a good TS blade, I've made several table tops with no problems. Not saying I wouldn't love a jointer, but what I have works for me right now.

Reply to
Creamy Goodness

I have this blade and it is a great rip blade but it doesn't replace my joiner.

Reply to
BeerBoy

These work just fine. You have to have one reasonably straight edge for a saw blade to be of any benefit and that little clamp set does the trick. 'Course I use the WW II blade.

-- Papaboop

papaboop