Freud Glue line blade comment requested

I have seen these advertised several times and they seem to be the "cats meow"! Anyone using one and if so does it perform as advertised? And... what did you pay for a 10" and from whom. My reason for asking is I have a 6" delta bench-top jointer and have problems in getting boards in the 36-40" length straight. Mine usually turn out being concave and I can't figure out why.

Thanks

Reply to
Woodchuck

Here ya go

should help you understand what is wrong with your jointer alignment. There are other articles in the mags (FWW, Popular WW etc.) that have step-by-step procedures, as does your manual.

Bob S.

Reply to
bs

You need to adjust the outfeed table, or if that is not adjustable, the blade height. Google for the procedure, as it has been described many times, and better than I can describe it.

Reply to
Morgans

I do glue line rips on the Forrest all the time (and have come to expect it). I can't speak to the CMT but I sure like the idea. I can...however...speak to the Delta 6" bench top jointer. Model 37-070 if memory serves me correctly. I had one...it was my first "large" purchase after my Sears direct drive table saw. It lasted one week...the saw lasted three weeks. The jointer did a wonderful job of carving curves...no matter what I did, not matter how I adjusted it, it always cut curves on sticks longer than 2'. That thing cost me about $150.00 in lumber as I tried and tried and tried to "get it right" I never did. I boxed it up, took it back and bought a JET 6" on the way home...I've never looked back.

To me, that little jointer is an insult. I spent so much time annoyed with myself because I simply could not get a straight board. I trusted the tool...it was a Delta...and Delta make nothing but the best right? Nope....as I've since learned, many others have had identical problems with that machine and the only people who get decent results are the people who use them on small sticks. I was so PO'd about the whole thing that I've never bought another Delta tool...I have no doubt that they make good tools, but I'll not patronize any company that puts out crap like that and markets it to the folks who know least about it's capabilities.

Just my $0.02

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

I errr uhhh.....did buy the 22-560 Delta Planer some time after the jointer episode and for the most part have been happy with it. I've since found it a little light duty and bought a 3 HP 220VAC 15" JET, but I keep the little one for the lighter work.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

As they used to say, way back when... "another country heard from...."

I've got that exact Delta bencht>

Reply to
admin