Freud Glue Line Rip Blade, any comments?

Folks:

I'm in the market for a new tablesaw blade and I was thinking about the new Freud 30T glue line blade. Is there anyone here who has any experience with it that would be willing to comment?

I've got a Freud 40T combination, but I want to go to a full kerf blade, to get the extra stiffness. It's either the Freud now or a Forrest when I can afford it.

thank, as usual,

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

Hi there

I have one and it did a great job ripping brazilian cherry. I really like mine.

Chef

Reply to
Master Chef Richard Campbell

Reply to
JGS

Philip Procter asks:

Go for it. I've been using Freud 24 and 300 tooth rip blades for years and find they do excellent work.

Charlie Self "Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?" Lily Tomlin

Charlie Self

Ditto.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Can't see how a Forrester could be any better than the Freud. I've ripped 3" walnut with the Glue Line without a hitch--- sawn surface couldn't have benefitted from sanding! Remember to feed steadily once you're in the cut. Get the coated version-- it's worth it. My local sharpening service gave out--- when it comes time to re-sharpen, I'll prolly send it to Forrest for sharpening. (I've also crosscut with this blade and was quite amazed at the smooth cut,) Roger

Reply to
roger

WOW! A 300 tooth blade, must be one smooth cut ;)

Ok, all kidding aside, I have the 30 tooth Freud and the 80 tooth for crosscut. Then I got FWW #165 and now I rough cut all my stock using the process outlined in their rough milling article. Basically you end up ripping on your bandsaw and then let it sit for a week, touch up one side on your jointer then move to your tablesaw and remove no more than 1/8". When I'm ripping that small I just use my 80 tooth and the edge is like I crosscut it. Smooth as glass. Can't get better than that -- but, you have to have the time and the equipment I suppose, so YMMV.

Mike

[snip]
Reply to
Mike in Idaho