Freud Glue Line Rip Blade?

I have ordered one of these do you think it really works? Does anyone have experience of using it?
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id 630&cookietest=1
--
www.connoraston.com
If I cant make it - I'll Try!

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id 630&cookietest=1
I have one. I works great - edges like glass.

Yes, yes, and yes...
Take note, if your saw arbor has runout, no blade will give you a glue line.
Barry
Yippie thanks people Should you all not be asleep its 15:21 here in Northern Ireland?
Connor
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:51:40 -0000, B a r r y

--
www.connoraston.com
If I cant make it - I'll Try!

line.
Really?? How is a wobbling blade going to give you a perfectly smooth and true cut?
"CW" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Because ALL arbors have run out. Barry did not indicate a specified range of run out. Typically anything under .0003" is acceptable even though it has run out.
Then it is still not untrue because in your response, you didn't either and when most people mention run out this way, they are referring to excessive run out.

"Leon" < snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net> wrote in message

Umm, I did not respond. I was explaining CW's response of untrue.
and

Actually many people ask because they have no idea of what an acceptable amount of run out is.
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:57:52 GMT, "Leon"

Absolutely agreed! The perfect arbor probably dosen't exist.
I forgot to write "excessive". <G>
Excessive arbor end play can also kill the cut of the best blades.
BArry

Absolutely, or just a bit of sawdust on the flange.. LOL
The result of a wobbling blade is that less teeth are cutting. If feed is slowed down to a point that the same chip load is being achieved, the cut will be the same as it would if the blade sere running strait. If the blade has a severe warp (say 1/4"). the feed would have to be slowed even more as more of the sharp corner of the tooth will be cutting. Even so, a smooth cut can be achieved. Runout is not a big problem. End shake, however, is.
wrote in

I think you're confusing blade runout and arbor runout. If the arbor were perfect, then you'd be right; the tooth closest to the fence would always be cutting the edge. However, the blade isn't perfectly flat AND the arbor has runout. Therefore, the imperfections in the blade are sometimes offset by the runout in the arbor, and sometimes not.
Then again, I may be confused. Truth be told, I've never seen a definition of runout, and this is the first I've heard of end shake.
Having built machines professionally for the past twenty years, I can say that I'm not confused. The confusion may well come on the side of the one doing the measuring. How do we really know what he is measuring? Is he measuring flange runout? Is he measuring arbor runout? If the latter, is he measuring radial or axial runout? Put an indicator on the end of a shaft. Push on the shaft in an axial direction. Does it move? If so, that is end shake.

is
cut
be
has
definition
I have one too. Works great
"connor aston" wrote in message

Since you've already ordered it, it appears you will have an excellent opportunity to find out for yourself. ;)
Yep ... excellent blade; nice flat bottom on non-through cuts, like slots for splines; and does a beautiful job of ripping edges for panel glue-ups, which is what I use it for.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_id 630&cookietest=1
connor aston wrote:

Count me among the very satisfied users. It not only leaves ripped edges looking like they've been sanded, crosscuts are smooth enough too. Only time I ever take it off my saw is for dados or to cut dirty or salvaged wood.
DonkeyHody "If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"