Freud Glue Line Rip Blade?

I have ordered one of these do you think it really works? Does anyone have experience of using it?

connor aston

> --

I have one. I works great - edges like glass.

Reply to
gw

I have one too. Works great

Reply to
Redd

Yes, yes, and yes...

Take note, if your saw arbor has runout, no blade will give you a glue line.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Since you've already ordered it, it appears you will have an excellent opportunity to find out for yourself. ;)

Yep ... excellent blade; nice flat bottom on non-through cuts, like slots for splines; and does a beautiful job of ripping edges for panel glue-ups, which is what I use it for.

Reply to
Swingman

Yippie thanks people Should you all not be asleep its 15:21 here in Northern Ireland?

C>> I have ordered one of these do you think it really works?

Reply to
connor aston

It should, as this is not an uncommon function of a good saw blade.

Actually, I have 2 blades that I use ALL OF THE TIME. They are both Forrest WWII regular kerf 40 tooth blades.

I have 2 so that when one is being sharpened the other is ready and I have no down time.

With a properly set up saw you will get shiny smooth rips and cross cuts and combination cuts.

So if you feel like using one blade for all of your cuts look at the Forrest, if you can get it.

> --

Reply to
Leon

Count me among the very satisfied users. It not only leaves ripped edges looking like they've been sanded, crosscuts are smooth enough too. Only time I ever take it off my saw is for dados or to cut dirty or salvaged wood.

DonkeyHody "If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Untrue.

Reply to
CW

Really?? How is a wobbling blade going to give you a perfectly smooth and true cut?

Reply to
TBone

Because ALL arbors have run out. Barry did not indicate a specified range of run out. Typically anything under .0003" is acceptable even though it has run out.

Reply to
Leon

Then it is still not untrue because in your response, you didn't either and when most people mention run out this way, they are referring to excessive run out.

Reply to
TBone

Absolutely agreed! The perfect arbor probably dosen't exist.

I forgot to write "excessive".

Excessive arbor end play can also kill the cut of the best blades.

BArry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Umm, I did not respond. I was explaining CW's response of untrue.

and

Actually many people ask because they have no idea of what an acceptable amount of run out is.

Reply to
Leon

Absolutely, or just a bit of sawdust on the flange.. LOL

Reply to
Leon

The result of a wobbling blade is that less teeth are cutting. If feed is slowed down to a point that the same chip load is being achieved, the cut will be the same as it would if the blade sere running strait. If the blade has a severe warp (say 1/4"). the feed would have to be slowed even more as more of the sharp corner of the tooth will be cutting. Even so, a smooth cut can be achieved. Runout is not a big problem. End shake, however, is.

Reply to
CW

I think you're confusing blade runout and arbor runout. If the arbor were perfect, then you'd be right; the tooth closest to the fence would always be cutting the edge. However, the blade isn't perfectly flat AND the arbor has runout. Therefore, the imperfections in the blade are sometimes offset by the runout in the arbor, and sometimes not.

Then again, I may be confused. Truth be told, I've never seen a definition of runout, and this is the first I've heard of end shake.

Reply to
Tim and Steph

Having built machines professionally for the past twenty years, I can say that I'm not confused. The confusion may well come on the side of the one doing the measuring. How do we really know what he is measuring? Is he measuring flange runout? Is he measuring arbor runout? If the latter, is he measuring radial or axial runout? Put an indicator on the end of a shaft. Push on the shaft in an axial direction. Does it move? If so, that is end shake.

Reply to
CW