I gotta have one of these

How cool would you look walking up to a job with one of these following you. Now if they could just make it brew up a mug of tea and rustle up a bacon butty it would be perfection.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

There is no "GPS signal from your phone". I assume what they mean is it follows the location of the phone, sent to it by Bluetooth.

Reply to
Huge

That would be rather "foolish" ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

You've been April-fooled, I'm afraid.

As a commercial proposition, it's clearly completely barmy. There's no commercial need for this from brawny builders, who can pull a toolbox along with a handle. Just possibly there are a few elderly and infirm people, who can walk but need a hand with their shopping.

I've been toying with the idea of building myself some luggage, like Rincewind's. It's perfectly feasible. When I have more time. :)

Reply to
GB

I imagine it would be more trouble that it's worth. I bought a folding sack barrow on eBay for a few pounds for moving my tool boxes.

Reply to
Huge

"foolish" see calendar, geddit?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yeah, thanks, I only twigged once I hit the "Post" button.

Reply to
Huge

"ToughTerrain will follow the GPS signal from your phone and *effortlessly* transport your power tools to where you need them to be. "

so it's capable of jumping the three foot gap into and out of the van, is it?

tim

Reply to
tim...

And the date today is?

Well luggage that launders, presses, and folds your clothing would be a plus.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You have been able to buy automatic golf caddies that follow you around for years. You could put a tool box on one but stairs might be a problem.

Reply to
dennis

Don't use a dalek then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Tricky Dicky explained :

Other than when working around the garden, I cannot see a use for it. It wouldn't work in the house, not enough space and the stairs would be a problem.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Using the "GPS signal from your phone"? The "GPS signal from your phone" that doesn't exist?

Even more dramatic when you walk along to the end of the scaffolding and go down the ladder.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Look up differential GPS and see how it could actually be true if someone was stupid enough to want to do it. You just get the phone to send its position by wifi or bluetooth and let the carts GPS find you. The accuracy would be to inches if needed. How else do you think you can use GPS for surveying?

Reply to
dennis