Finally a tool which may turn me into a Neanderthal woodworker.

Page 1 of 2
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?pb708&c=2

I wonder if that is for real. Every April 1 they have something like this.
You hit it on the head, Leon.. Try to put it in your cart and you get their April Fool's Gotcha..

Hi Leon -
Yep - it's real (though we only made one) - and it works too! That's part of the rules...
Tool belt is still a favorite... look closely - there's about 5k in rare planes hanging off that belt... it, too, does exactly what we say....
Cheers -
Rob
Rob Lee wrote:

Oh my Lord. I'm going to have to buy something from you guys just for going through the effort of that. Must be a great moral booster for the staff. Well done, Rob.
My favorite is the Dodeca-Gauge.
--

-MIKE-

Rob Lee wrote:

Hey Rob, when are you guys going to make that travisher I've been longing for all these years? I already have the Veritas pull shave and it's quite awesome, but... it's just not that drop-in replacement for a travisher that I was hoping for. Please oh please! :-)
"Steve Turner" wrote:

Then there is the old "Pat & Mike" story sans the Irish accent.
Pat was on his death bed, Mike came to visit and say "goodby" to his old friend.
As Mike was getting ready to leave, he turned to Pat and asked, "Before you go, is there anything I can do for you?"
Pat answered, "Not now but after I'm gone, there is a bottle of "Irish" on the top shelf in me closet."
"Would you mind sprinkling it on me grave site after I'm gone?"
Mike thought for a moment, then asked,
"Would you mind if I ran it thru me kidneys first?"
Lew

Hi Steve -
No promises... but I hear ya...
Cheers -
Rob
Rob Lee wrote:

And that in and of itself makes me happy. :-) Thanks!
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
wrote in message

Hammer Hands wrote:

Oh I'm aware of that product, but it's not what I have in mind. What I'd like to see would be similar to these babies:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pI142&cat=1,50230&ap=1
But with the convex cutter and elevated handles of a true travisher.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Hey Leon, whaddaya think about that?
Ask a question and get a personal answer from the head honcho himself!
Good to see ya again Rob Lee. Keep those April 1st tools coming.

Thanks for clarifying Rob.

I looked very carefully at the pictures of that tool belt and was disappointed that the Low-angle Jack plane from a couple years earlier wasn't one of the planes hanging from the belt.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
"Robatoy" wrote

It must be April 1st!
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&pb710&cat What is amazing to me is that they actually build these things.

Noooo, it's a rendering in SketchUp.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Indeed, or somebody is really good with CGI software. Either way they're a hoot.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/Search.aspx?c=2&action=n
Robatoy wrote:

I suppose this means I'll need to add another magnet to my tool belt...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Considering it is made from Lawrentium-bronze and Unobtanium, will that even stick to a magnet?
Robatoy wrote:

I think so - they're rare earth magnets with optically flat faces (checked 'em with my laser interferometer!) so they should stick even if not magnetic. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar