Which tool bag?

I stood on one of my tool boxes the other day, and went through it.

So i'm going to replace it with a bag as i've a couple of others and prefer them in several ways.

So if someone had offered to get you one for xmas, thinking something up to 50 quid, what would you get?

Reply to
R D S

One to consider

I have moved most of my light-duty tools into it, leaving room in the fatmax open tote for heavier-duty tools.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Personally I'd go for boxes because they stack and provide protection if you get caught out by a shower when used outside. Some of them are certainly strong enough to stand on, can't find an image of one of mine for the moment but they are a bit like these

newshound

Get a few of these and separate your stuff into categories?

I knew a locksmith who carried his tools in buckets.

Reply to
GB

+1 yup boxes, and strong enough to stand/sit on every time for me...
Reply to
John Rumm

I prefer a tote eg

ARW

Got a 26 litre Draper tote bag, can get all my oft used crap in, very pleased with it.

Reply to
R D S

Can you lift it when it's full?

Not entirely joking. Steel has a density 8 times that of water. So, if you could entirely fill that bag, it would weigh 200 kilos.

Reply to
GB

Well I am quite strong. But.

There are some gaps between the items i've put in it. And much of the make up of my tools is plastic.

Reply to
R D S