Fake Palm trees

Hello Group, Today I was asked by a freind to make three fake palm tree tops for them to decorate the tops of some stumps left at their camp property. Although they will provide the artwork, I was wondering if there are any "plans" to copy and what type of material should I use? I was thinking of PT plywood, maybe 1/2" thick. Are any other sheet goods recommended? They'll do the painting, they only need someone skilled with a jigsaw. Any suggestions are welcome. Marc
I realize this is a wood working group, but I would think the project would be better served with metal sheet. Galvanized tin for cheap, copper sheet for the rich and famous.

Find someone with a palm tree just after they've trimmed it? I know I've tossed a lot of fronds. Tom