fake fusebox blows up

fusebox blows up at 38 minutes.30

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Thanks for taht.

For the sake of other readers, I made that 39min 30. Easily done OP!.

I just found out today I had reset my camera out by a month less than a year after I had allowed the battery run flat!

Reply to
Clot

Can't watch, outside of england.

Reply to
F Murtz

The clue's in the NG title ! ;-)

Reply to
Andy Cap

It is worth going back to 19min 45 to see the Chinese factory and the ultimate dodgey MCB.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Towards the end of that clip, the chap discusses posing as a buyer at trade shows - and being asked what brand/certification he would like printed on the stuff.

Whilst I can see how businesses with low visibility can get away with it - it takes an enormous degree of complicity to be able to do that at a trade show.

i.e. trade show organisers, all other traders, police, government etc.

That's a really entrenched culture that says it's ok to make fake safety equipment.

Reply to
dom

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Cap saying something like:

Ditto. There's bound to be a repeat, though why this is on at 9.15am is beyond me.

Fuck off.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not at all, quite common for exhibitors to take chances at a trade show, also quite common for other exhibitors to wander round with lawyers and cease and desist notices ;-)

The fake thermal fuse found in some Ring lighting a while back was an eye opener, all the stamps VDE SemDemko RTC.. no internals , just a 2 leaded lump of plastic with loads of safty stamps :-( Its not just no brands that can get caught out.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Briliiant !

Reply to
Andy Cap

not available here - fukkin' territorial bastard broadcasting corporation!

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Would you expect anything better from Ring?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

You`ve got a point, but major UK importer presumably with some QC checks going back, shows how counterfeit parts can creep in.

Seen counterfeit LEDs , as in the discrete part not the consumer lamp before, half the price and about 10th quality.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Not at all, we in the UK pay for a licence to fund the BBC, why should hangers on get it for free?

Reply to
Tinkerer

Who the f*ck are we? I do not pay for a TV licence and I live in the UK.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The message from "ARWadsworth" contains these words:

Reply to
Appin

The message from "ARWadsworth" contains these words:

Never had a TV licence either -- and I live in the UK

Reply to
Appin

RING IS a no brand.

bought some ring bulbs once. Never again.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

well you can go back as far as Sinclair Radionics for 1/10th the quality and three times the price. The dread MAT100 and MAT101. IIRC

rejects of NewMarket transistors, rebranded and sold by the ginger oaf as 'super quality'

At a super price.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Almost tempting to buy some audio cables from the pound shop and relabel them as Russ Andrews at 50x the price.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes you can. It can be seen OK in Scotland.

Reply to
Archie