Why no Bird and Fortune on TV ?

Has someone decided they are a bit too near the political and economic knuckle ?

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Did they mention the concept of DIY government where the political class is consigned to history? That would certainly account for it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No, someone finally woke up to the fact that they were dull, tedious, and boring.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Maybe, given that neither of them are in the first half of their seventies, they've decided to gently ease themselves into retirement?

Reply to
Adrian

Although this theory does carry merit, too.

Reply to
Adrian

I disagree - and we used to record the whole programme so we could just play back their bit.

Reply to
Clive Page

What?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I agree with you Clive, I enjoy good political satire and the 2 Johns were very amusing - not up to The Thick of It, but good in a non-sweary way:)

Reply to
rbel

They were too obvious.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yeah, a bit too TW3. Anti establishmentarians, but all living in Hampstead

Reply to
stuart noble

It's just been announced that John Fortune died today. RIP

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Well, John Fortune has just ruled out any new series!

Andy Burns

another one of my university contemporaries ...

his real name was John Wood, but there was another Equity member with that name, so he had to adopt a stage name.

Reply to
charles

One of my contemporaries adopted a stage name too. He was John something, but he is known as Attila the Stockbroker!

Reply to
Bob Eager

A great character!

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Sorry about digging up this old thread again, but Radio 4 just broadcast a fascinating interview with Rory Bremner interviewing John Fortune about his life and career, at a book fare in 2009.

It says it will be available on iplayer soon.

Andrew Gabriel