Immovable block

has refused to make our own web cam action on it.

But I do know someone with a JCB. Is that illegal?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No, but if you write "Irresistible force" on your T-shirt and push, things could get interesting.

Reply to
John Williamson

Dunno, but if you do something like invert it, it would be quite funny yet not ruin their project. Assuming it's just a solid block.

Reply to
Clive George

Lift it up, add a nice layer of epoxy, and put it down again. Now wait for them to come take it away ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Nah, it's probably got David Blane lurking inside with a trolley jack to move it in the night.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

>> gf has refused to make our own web cam action on it.

I am sure that owning a JCB is quite legal and they are asking for ways to move the block. I might cover the CCTV lens before doing so though. Naturally, that would only be as an artistic statement, not to avoid anyone seeing who moved it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Someone mentioned David Blane. Surely this leads to a large "flash mob" arriving, partying for 15 minutes or so all around the block thus obscuring sight of it when the mob melt always, the block is gone :-).

Acid would work but it's too slow and dangerous. Not sure that even something like a Kanga could break it quickly enough into small piece so each member could take one away. Ideas?

Paul DS

Reply to
Paul D Smith

Why not paint *this way up* one night and the next night re-paint with the words inverted?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Presumably it was cast in place, then?

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Hmm, who was that chap who was talking about pulling out tree stumps with the towbar on his car? He'll have it shifted in an instant...

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran%proemail.co.uk

Like it! I saw some large Henry Moores at Hatfield House last year. They were "fixed down" by some rather large and nice bronze machine screws, a good few of which appeared to have been "collected" presumably as souvenirs.

Paul DS

Reply to
Paul D Smith

That'll be me (among others). Except it's a Land Rover.

Reply to
Huge

Just looked on the live feed, and there are 3 lads spraying graffiti on it at the moment...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Says something about CCTV on it.....

They've got a cleaning truck out.

Reply to
Adrian C

I wonder if they expected this (which they really should have) and treated the block with an anti graffiti product that makes cleaning easier.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Cleaning truck just left, but there are still 5 blokes scrubbing hard on it, and the only bit they seem to have removed so far is the head of the figure sprayed on the right hand side.

I wonder how much this is costing Barnsley tax payers...

Oh, cleaning truck just returned, probably with a new box of brillo pads.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Looks like they've given up. There's something draped over the top, and a pom-pom dance band standing in front of it, dancing now.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Probably would have been easier to paint it all one colour to begin with and simply respray it every time it gets graffiti on it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

Funny, here they warn than graffiti cleanup can take up to ten days from report to action.

While I am totally uninterested, I wonder if there is an appropriate road closure notice in place to support the unlit publicity stunt.

Reply to
fred