Immovable block

I would just fill it with medium level radioactive waste. Solves a lot of problems.

Reply to
dennis

looks like a Rubik's Cube now ???

Reply to
Tim Watts

Trials suggest that cleaning it off within 24 hours reduces graffiti. It will be interesting to see whether that works here.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Of the legal options available I think that is the most effective, it denies the culprit the attention they appear to be seeking.

Reply to
fred

Maida Vale council knew that in 1988 ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

There's now some pillock in a deckchair on it.

Reply to
brass monkey

Yup V8 Land rover (or maybe 2)and kinetic energy rope - no problem

Reply to
hugh

It is now black and appears to have a security guard.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Brilliant idea. Shame it now has security. Friday night at 11pm should be fun:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Only taxis use that road. One of the reasons the taxi drivers users are up in arms is becuase it now costs £1.30 extra to get anywhere.

at 35min 30seconds (for others not you as you are not interested:-))

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A bit of info in here.

suggestion so far (at work) is stick another block on it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Slack day at work:-)

"What did you do at work today love?" "I just watched a concrete block in a Barnsley street via a webcam"

I will be watching tonight when the drunks are out.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Indeed, I'd need to upflash in order to use an iplayer link so think I'll go for another rinse cycle on the hair ta ;-)

Oh my . . . .

"Mind the Gap is an award-winning theatre company that works with learning disabled and non-disabled artists as equals. Since 1988 we have been working with people to find creative ways to overcome obstacles and barriers."

Oh f*ok, it get's worse . . . .

"Immovable is part of imove, a Cultural Olympiad programme in Yorkshire."

Only interested from the point of abuse of local government road closure powers for a publicity stunt. Other than that it seems a lot of fuss over what is clearly a sheet fabricated shell over a couple of concrete blocks as ballast.

Can't understand why the taxi drivers are up in arms if they're getting an extra 1.30 on each fare, unless it's for the abuse they're taking from stiffed citizens as a result. Is it really a mile detour to get past it?

Reply to
fred

^^^^^^ Is that a typo? - it's a bloody good term for some of these prats that are called artists.

Reply to
PeterC

There was a tent on top of it, just been removed by four blokes in brown coats. I feel an attack of artisitistis coming on.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Some bloke sat on a bench on it at the moment.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Or is it a woman knitting?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's a solid block of Yorkshire stone:-)

Probably sick of getting abuse.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm worried, you know far more about this than you should . . . .

This pic made it look fab'd to me:

I take your word.

As it's about disability awareness I trust no cheats were involved in the installation. I wonder how many electric wheelchairs it took to drag it into place?

Understandably.

Reply to
fred

Looks to me as tho they're about to take it away.

Reply to
brass monkey