laying vinyl flooring

I may have dreamt this, but wasn't there a post on here about laying this stuff by using a wire coathanger somehow to aid cutting?
Does anyone have any idea how this stuff is cut accurately? - I always seem to get gaps around the edges and I've got some to lay in my bathroom soon.
TIA
--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008
Phil L wrote:

For a small room like a bathroom, I use brown paper to make a master sheet and cut to that. You can always stick bits back on when working with brown paper if you get the cut wrong.
Colin Bignell

I always try to get the edges to go under the skirting board (cutting the bottom of the skirting if necessary....

cut a template, get it spot on first. The card packets the tiles come in are just right for this.
NT