Alternatives to fake stone veneer?

The front basement walls on my ranch were covered with fake stone veneer, which, or course, was riddled with termite pathways.=20 I've removed most of the cast concrete "stones", and the front of the hose looks a bit less attractive..

Is anyone aware of a lighter alternative that can be applied with a tough mastic or construction adhesive? I feel that applying new ones with mortar invites voids due to incomplete spreading, or ones opening up later due to thermal expansion. =20

I suppose another alternative is to seal the top edge only, and install a termite guard flashing along the bottom edge a few inches above ground level..=20

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

Hi, I do not believe that putting different stone is going to solve your problem here is why. Even if you use an alternative adhesive you will have still have voids left in the grout areas BETWEEN the stones. Although this WOULD make for a closer to the wall install you could not get away with avoiding the voids in the joints. I would suggest take your own advice and install a proper drip cap and flashing as you have stated. There is another alternative which is becoming popular in some parts of the Country which is "vertical stamping" in your case what would be done is a thin coat of material would be applied to the walls and then it would be "stamped" like you would stamp any other decorative flatwork....Downside, expensive and although I do not really care for manufactured stone it looks better than a vertical stamp job of course there are always exceptions.

out this link

Italian Mason