Mortar for Stone Veneer Walls

I think that I am in the right church here, this is a question for the FAQ forum on masonary. I found the FAQ's quite useful but still have a few questions re a maonary mix for stone veneer walls.

Questions:

1) Can I use a masonary cement + sand to make my mortar instead of portland, lime & sand.

2) Should I use a bonding agent

3) Masonary cement bags have suggested mixes on the back of the bag for both type 'N' & type 'S' masonary. I understand that Type 'N' in normal & is fine for what I want to do.
Reply to
Barry Colby