Toilet hidden system tank.

I am looking at fitting a new toilet with a hidden system (tank) .Some call it "back to wall".I have been told they only do a plastic tank for this type - I prefer to have ceramic/porcelain .Do they do this type in other than plastic? Is plastic any good? Thanks for any pointers.

Reply to
raclyqm

The tank is hidden, and can't get knocked, bashed and commented on. The plastic ones don't tend to get condensation dripping off them either.

Being plastic, you can get much thinner walls on the tank rthan in pot, and they take up much less room.

Why do you want a pot one ?

Reply to
Steve

Dedicated plastic hidden tanks tend to be of a slightly strange appearance. The mouldings used provide extra rigidity and ease of mounting at the expense of a 'clean' external line. The flush lever will often be supplied separatly, or you could choose a pneumatically operated valve. A normal slimline cistern may be slightly slimmer (hardly surprising) if space is really tight. They will last indefinately, even if you do choose to flex the side wall in and out. The weight of water will not distort the shape. I can't see the need to have a hidden ceramic cistern.

Toby.

Reply to
Toby

I have just put one of these in inside some "Shades" bathroom units.

It was a "Thomas Dudley" concealed cistern with a pneumatic-operated valve.

The cistern is made of slightly bendy plastic. However it has four mounting holes along the back and along the front near the top edge. I juse used 4 screws in the back. I briefly considered putting a bit of wood along the front and screwing through the front edge "backwards" into this as well, but didn't bother - it seemed plenty sturdy enough with just the 4 screws.

It works very well - the pneumatic valve is particularly fantastic - no "lifting and syphon" action - it just opens a simple-looking valve and the contents come flooding out (all over me the first time - I wasn't expecting such a torrent!).

The only slight problem is that the pneumatic-operated valve has a VERY big chrome effect button. This only just fitted onto the front panel of the Shades unit, because SWMBO chose a "panelled" design so there isn't that much flat front area for mounting BIG buttons.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

appearance.

I have one. They have a lid which screws down. This makes the whole tank pretty rigid.

Reply to
IMM