bbc 1 fake Britain

good prog on now about fake Pyro glass

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

ha ha the guy got two years....ha ha nectar cards next.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

well nectar cards no good then obviously easy to steel....next sainsbury punter that asks me is going to get an ear full.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

the dark web to blame...no wonder I hate computers....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

It's several years old, and a repeat.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

What is fake?

Do you mean where borosilicate glass isn't borosilicate glass, or are you confusing the trade name "Pyrex" with borosilicate glass assuming they are one and the same?

If it doesn't say borosilicate glass you really ought to assume it is soda glass.

Reply to
Fredxx

fire resisting glass used in walls where radiation of heat is not wanted....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

what had pyrex got to do with it ? ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Graham. was thinking very hard :

It was pyro glass. 'Pyro' as in fire.

Ordinary glass was being relabelled as fire resistant, for use in buildings by an unscrupulous scammer. The Titanic museum was one location which used the glass.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

the genuine stuff is very expensive and people used to get heart attacks when I suggested it.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

As much as any other post given the scant information you provide.

Reply to
Fredxx

Thanks you. Shame Jim hadn't thought to enlighten us to his thoughts. Also given his poor spelling I assumed, wrongly, he meant pyrex.

Reply to
Fredxx

could you not just turn on the telly?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

The difference is between pyrex and PYREX, Pyrex could be either (or neither).

Reply to
Graham.

It may well be turned on. How does that help?

Reply to
Fredxx

what part of bbc1 fake Britain did you not understand ? .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

funny ha ha

Reply to