Exterior shutters, Anderson Bay Window?

Page 3 of 3
Larry Jaques wrote:
(...)

I don't know. The numbers I get by calculating the size of the slab should not have caused failure even in 'dead lift'.
Figure 36" wide and 48" long at 4" thick (or four cubic feet) times 150 lbs cubic foot is ca. 600 lbs.
Weird.
(...)

The little 4-1/2" diamond blades are cheap and quite competent, though.
--Winston
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:45:49 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@bigbrother.net"

Yabbut, how tightly was it locked to the adjacent blocks?

Was there a hydraulic lock to the wet earth below it, perhaps? If it were dry, the few sledge blows would have broken it loose, but the wet slaps may have made it lock to the wet soup below. At least it looked pretty wet in the pic.

Yeah, the wonders that a little $10 HF 4-1/2" grinder can perform are too numerous to list.
I just got done watching "Astronaut Farmer". Wonderful flick. Highly recommended. Thanks, Netflix.
-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu
Larry Jaques wrote:
(...)

Butted on end but free on three sides. I don't get it.

Nup. Practically no contact with earth.
I'd used my slate bar to pry one end up, braced it then slid the jack about 20% in to the center of the slab. I really should have seen *less* than a 'dead lift' load, not more. Weird.
(...)

Right on. Netflix rocks.
--Winston
Dropbox photos of hydraulic cart helping demo the third layer of masonry found in my back yard after I broke up the upper two layers for disposal:
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/CreteHarvest.txt
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/CreteHarvestSlab.jpg
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/CreteHarvestFooting.jpg
--Winston
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:57:23 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@bigbrother.net"

Tres cool. What cad/camming did you do? The crane mount plates, or more?

Seems to work like a charm.
-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu
Larry Jaques wrote:

The brackets supporting the new front wheels and the sub chassis that holds the new lifting jack. (I didn't 'design' the crane mount plates, I just plunked it down and scribed and drilled.)
It is all painted orange so it's pretty impossible to tell which are factory parts and which are my little additions.
This is a little clearer:
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/Fencecart1.jpg
I've got a monster 400 KB picture that shows the sub- frame very clearly; all the CADCAM pieces TIGed together, before painting. I think I'm about 50% beyond the limit for patience of our woodworking friends, so I will refrain from posting and linking that picture.

Even better!
--Winston
Winston wrote the following on 8/25/2012 10:57 PM (ET):

http://www.oklahomacustomcanvasproducts.com/products/awnings/residential-awnings/window-awnings
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY