Milgard vs Anderson

HOA has aluminum frame windows in stucco. Being offered deal by PGE&E Energy Star window replacement incentive program with look at Milgard Vinyl retrofit windows. Seem nice. Being told they are as good as Anderson and of course much less expensive. Also, Milgard has a no questions asked warranty according to the salesman

Reply to
Anonymous

Well, the Milgards aren't "retrofit", they're Replacement. Retrofit would be replacement of just the sashes, just an FYI. However, sadly being in an HOA means you better have written approval for your specific house from the HOA before you even do any "thinking about it".

- On the flip side, what are the specifications THAT MATTER (R-value, SHC-value and U-factor) of the Milgards? "Energy Star" doesn't mean squat to any ACTUAL improvement...adding Storm Windows will get you more than most replacement windows. Get the specifications of your current windows from the HOA in order to make any comparison.

- Sorry about my attitude, but I hate HOA's and find them to always be full of know-nothings that buy every bit of sales-pitch nonsense. I don't know Milgard and maybe they're great with great window performance and installation certifications and Andersen, Pella, Marvin etc. are easy to beat.

Reply to
Anonymous