silver line windows

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about silver line aluminum windows? I got a great price on the 2700 series for a retrofit in my frame/stucco home. They come in at $1500 cheaper then Vinyl windows from a major bramd I do know makes a nice window (PGT).

I'm in Orlando, so I'm looking for windows that meet and exceed FL Building Code. The silver line (and PGT) meet Miami-Dade County requirements, which are the most stringent for pressure ratings.

Being in FL also means I'm not interested in wood frames or need to deal with cold winters.

Reply to
ESM