Anderson window leaking air

My Ryan house (21 yaers old) has Anderson windows, one bedroom seems to be cold and we noted that air comes though where the two windows overlap (the lock area) , it is like they do not touch well. My son put some towels on the overlap area and it seems to help, any ideas.

Reply to
allan

The design of the latch ought to be such that it pulls the two sashes together. If it's not doing that, then either the latch isn't hooking properly, or something's bent.

Reply to
Goedjn

Replacement windows? Anderson's are junk when new. I'd say they're way over due.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Well, mine were (junk). But, they are high-grade junk compared to some of the other windows out there.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Reply to
Howard

Get an Anderson repairman out, call Anderson for one.

Reply to
m Ransley

Are these Andersen® windows? Call the company. Andersen® will help you out.

-- Oren

Oren

On some windows, the latch will miss the catch and push the windows apart. This happened on my son's windows. I simply instructed him to push a bit on the lower sash when latching and the latch latched.

Reply to
news

When I was a kid, we lived in a house that had crank out windows. My bedroom was always cold. One year I taped the cracks with masking tape, and it made a major difference in keeping me warm.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon