Toilet flange question

I will be replacing my toilet this weekend. The last time I had the toilet off I had a terrible time with the bolts because the flange has eroded over the years. I was told that there is a ring that fits over the flange with a series of bolt holes so that you can attach the ring to the flange and have new support for the bolts to attach the toilet to. Any idea's?

Reply to
jstchilln

go to a plumbing supply

they work great

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

I think this link may be better for what the OP needs.

I've seen them at ACE Hardware and I assume they are available at Home Depot, etc.

BETA-32

That looks like a cheap piece of crap but what do I know I'm just a plumber

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Reply to
LayPerson Tom

I think a quick google search for "super closet ring" might get you the product you are thinking about.

tom @

LayPerson Tom

Thanks for all of your quick replies, I apologize for my late reply. I think the suggestions from Beta-32 and Layperson Tom were what my friend was suggesting, BUT the closet flange that Sacramento Dave suggested looks like it would be more secure and have a better seal. I am asssuming that the bottom rubber part stretches around the old flange and then attaches to the top??? I'm off work today and will see what the Home Depot and Lowes has to offer.

Thanks to all.

Reply to
jst

AFter you have the flange fixed, next use a "Fernco waxless toilet seal". That is one improvement on how-to-do-it that was called for years ago.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

. Some of those have a Rubber cover for testing. Don't forget to cut it out before you mount the water closet, it dose happen.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave