Pool cue glue

I asked over in rec.billiards, but no one answered.

Last evening, I messed up two tips with SuperGlue. I had used it before successfully. What is a good glue besides Tweeten's, which can be hard to find? Is regular contact cement good? Another?

I need to make a mini lathe, and alignment rig that will do it right, but until then, I'm stuck with a cheap clamp and glue.

The new tips I am looking at are up to $25 per tip, so I don't want any screwups.

Help appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I would expect the tip supplier to have an appropriate adhesive for their tips.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 20:21:06 -0700, "Steve B"

Dave

If you are serious enough about the game to buy a $25 tip, then you should pay someone to install it right. Certainly the diameter of the tip and the diameter of the end of your queue are not identical... So why "waste" a $25 tip and possibly ruin your queue over this?

Reply to
Bill

You asked yesterday and got two answers by today. You think people hang around all day just to answer your questions?

It wasn't super glues fault.

I had used it before successfully. What is a good glue besides Tweeten's, which can be hard to

Tweetens is not a good glue, super glue gel is a good glue for this.

Is regular contact cement good? Another?

Nope! and Nope!

Super glue gel is the way to go, detailed answer sent an hour ago on RSB.

Reply to
Jack

I found Tweeten's to be absolutely useless, though it's possible I got a "b= ad" tube.

This is not so much a recommendation as just a data point for you. I've re-= tipped a number of cues using a dab of boat epoxy (because that's what I ha= d). Gives me more time to align than "super glue" but doesn't take all nigh= t to set like some glues. I assume it will be a pain if I ever need to redo= one of those tips...

FWIW, I even broke the end off my cheap cue (split diagonally with the grai= n when I dropped it), and epoxied it back together. I've been breaking as h= ard as I can (which is pretty hard) for several years now without it failin= g.

Reply to
ldfishel