Drawing With Ketchup

Page 2 of 3
Tom Watson wrote:

I used to know a girl from Hibbing. Just *what* was her name?
And I almost moved up to Hibbing with a girl back in the mid 70's. *Her* name is Amy.
Wonder whatever became of her!

(For those who don't like clickety-pop... please read our Canuckistani relationship to the Ketchup Drafting program.)
Heinz was established in Canada in 1908 in a former tobacco factory in Leamington, Ontario (Tomato Capital of Canada). Most products shipped from Leamington have English and French labels for distribution throughout Canada but a substantial amount of product is sent to the United States. Ketchup is the main product produced there but the factory also produces Canada Fancy (Grade A) tomato juice, mustard, vinegar, pickles, baby food, BBQ sauces, canned pastas, beans, pasta sauces, gravies and soups. Heinz Canada is also the major supplier of single serving and flexible packaging condiments for most fast food chains in Canada. Leamington is the largest tomato processing region per acreage in the world. The Leamington plant usually processes more than 250,000 tons of tomatos per year. With its unique combination of climate and rich soil, Leamington is one of the best areas for growing vegetables in the world. Heinz Canada also has operations in St.Mary's, Ontario, Calgary, Alberta and Montreal, Quebec.
Robatoy wrote:

Of course Heinz was founded in 1869 in Sharpsburg, 3 miles from my house, and 2 blocks from where my father grew up. If a restaurant doesn't have Heinz Ketchup, then the rest of their food is likely to suck as well.
In other words, Heinz makes the AutoCad of ketchup...
CatSup just don't cut it...
Not even sure CatSup is a food...
--
Jack
Jack:
"Robatoy" wrote:

Let's see now, there is a major tomato processing operation in Leamington and one of the major asparagus growing areas in North America is just outside Peterborough, the other ones being in Michigan and California.
The engineer who developed single serving packets of catsup came from there.
Used his bonus to buy a very neat 43 ft ketch which he kept in the Leamington harbor.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Catsup is made from asparagus? No wonder I wasn't sure Catsup was a food...
Nothing wrong with asparagus mind you, just doesn't make a very good ketchup...
Creamed asparagus on toast... OK, creamed asparagus on a hot dog... Well, I wouldn't waste my time trying it, but Yuck anyway...
--
Jack
I can't recall Gilda Radner's character from whom you may have borrowed the idea for your funny as hell - as usual - post. Gilda must be getting a chuckle from your use of that characters mis-hearing.

As I was chuckling through Tom's post, I have to admit, I was thinking exactly the same thing. :^)
Robert
charlieb wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseanne_Roseannadanna
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Doesn't Heinz still make a green ketchup?
Dave in Houston
Dave in Houston wrote:

Dunno but when they did it was not editable... Everyone said it was the same exact stuff, just a different color... Yuck! It looked terrible and no matter how much you tried to convince yourself looks alone can't change the taste, it sure did for me, and even my kids who were the ones that wanted the stuff.
I thought about doing a blind test to see if there really was a difference but decided if I couldn't tell the difference, I would quit enjoying ketchup. Not worth the chance... Might be good for green drawings, not much else...
--
Jack

Some folks say it wasn't edible.
Max
Max wrote:

They likely need a better editor... Notepad just doesn't cut it. I would recommend at least Notepad2, and it's, are you sitting down... FREE.
--
Jack
Jack Stein wrote:

Notepad? Notepad2? You probably meant EDLIN - it's free too. ;-)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

Not seeing Jack's post for some reason. Had never heard of Notepad2 before--it's NICE.
As for Edlin, who needs edling when you can copy con to a file?
J. Clarke wrote:

Heh - I just put a fresh roll of paper tape in the Flexowriter and I'm good to go. :-)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
J. Clarke wrote:

You might have plonked me, I can be extremely irritating, and my spelling sucks... The good thing is, if I ever say anything slightly worthwhile, someone will quote the whole message 50 times, so you won't miss anything much:-) Of course their is a bad side to that as well:-)
As for copy con to a file, ain't that the truth...
--
Jack
"Morris Dovey" wrote

http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html
Try it ... you'll probably like it!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

If you ever used EDLIN, you would have to think the smiley was real:-)
--
Jack