Do I want a M12V for my table??

Amazon has the H12V for $160 less a $25 coupon; and they throw in the accessory package and a 1/4 sheet sander. Assuming the sander is worth $25, the router costs $110! (we can always use another sander, can't we?)
I am currently using a Bosch 1617EVS in my table, and also have another 1617 and 1618. I don't particularly need another router, and am pretty happy with the 1617EVS in the table. It doesn't work particularly will on big cuts, requiring a dozen passes on a raised panel, but I don't do many big cuts.
So, my question... Is the M12V such a great table router that I shouldn't let this opportunity go by to get a really cheap big router?

Great price!

Whether it goes in your table or not, get it. It's a great router.
Kevin
I have that router, purchased the same way (I payed Amazon a bit more and didn't get the sander). I must say that I am not entirely thrilled with the router. It's massive and powerful, the motor purs and powers through even the most demanding cuts I've put it through. however, the thing is bulky, and the plung mechanism is very sticky and I've heard that complaint before. The machine is a bit tricky to deal with in a router table (i.e. difficult to get at the collet.) Anyway, I give it a lukewarm review, and I don't exactly have the highest standards!! At least that's what my friends tell me!
toller wrote:

worth $25,

another 1617

happy
big
big
opportunity

...just buy the frickin' thing. You won't regret it. It is a bit crude, but strong and reliable.
00
Rob
toller wrote:

Nice deal. Where you find the $25 off coupon? I see a promo in their latest catalog for $25 off on purchase of more than $200. Is that what you're referring to? And the sheet sander?
Thanks,
Bob

Yes, the $25 off on $200. I can always find another $40 to buy. :) I got a Tool Crib circular that shows the 1/4 sheet sander as free with purchase.
Toller, is there a promotion code for that 1/4 sheet sander?
Oh, and yes, you should buy that router.
Thanks! Joe C.

The guys on the TV show "Router Workshop" used the M12V for years before Porter Cable bought them off.

what

Hand all of credit cards to SWMBO, and go for a walk. In the cold air.
Patriarch
toller wrote:

RE: Subject
If you want a table router, can you say 7518?
If you just want another router, grab it.
HTH
Lew
Go here and read what John Lucas has to say about this router....
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/menu2.htm