Do I really need Dewalt's top 'o the line planer?

Page 2 of 2

I would characterize a 734 is a 733 with 3 knives. The 735 is a radically different design.
Check out the pictures:
http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail_listing.asp?categoryIDw
My god man... have you ever done a blade change on a delta snipe-master-540? I thought that the 733 was gods gift to blade changes after that.
The Dewalt magnetic jigs worked just fine for me. I have only done the procedure twice, but found it to be relatively quick painless and accurate.
YMMV.
Steve
That said... the 735 does look sweet.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:28:25 -0500, "Stephen M"
|My god man... have you ever done a blade change on a delta snipe-master-540? |I thought that the 733 was gods gift to blade changes after that. | |The Dewalt magnetic jigs worked just fine for me. I have only done the |procedure twice, but found it to be relatively quick painless and accurate.
Well it wasn't quite painless, I cut my finger getting one of the new blades out of the package, but other than that, I had zero problems changing the blades for the first time just a couple of days ago on my 733.
|YMMV. | |Steve | |That said... the 735 does look sweet.
Yep. Tools are getting to be just like computers. You no sooner buy one and the next thing you know there's a new and improved model. Of course, it was the same when I was in the air-to-air and cruise missile business <g>.

Last two big purchases I made were a Unisaw and a Apple PowerBook. It's interesting to do a point-by-point comparison:
Saw Laptop
$1800, free shipping $1600, free shipping I can sit on it It sits in my lap When I do, my butt gets cold It keeps me warm 40 carbide teeth 40 gig disk Will outlast me Will be junk in 3 years
Sounds like I should be thankful I don't have another Delta product! I've got 3, which is 1 more than I care to have.
dave
Stephen M wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@att.net (Scott) wrote in message

Makita 2012
First of all, the 733 is discontinued, replaced by the 3-blade 734.
I was in the exact same situation, and bought the 735 when all three models were on the shelf. I bought it for the better design, and the better performance (i.e., 2 speeds vs one, etc...). But more than anything I bought the top of the line so that later I would not be kicking myself for having saved a petty amount of money instead of getting the best machine in its class. Been there, done that, hated every minute of it.

Same here. I try to buy the best.
Besides, have you ever heard anyone say there penis is already beg enough? Nah, I've got plenty and don't need another couple of inches. Ed

from all of the penis enlargement spam I get you'd think the goal of the average american guy was to be able to sling it over his shoulder.
I have the 734.
Actually had the choice of the three but opted for the middle road simply 'cuz it gives the "shine" of the higher end while letting me hang onto that other hundred bucks.
At the same time, it's the piece of tooling that will be around for a while.
The 733s are harder and harder to find and more than likely the two-knife blade replacement sets will be scarce or hard(er) to find in the near future as well. (Although the cost of the two-blade knife set for the 733 is less than half the cost of the three-knife 734/735 replacement blade set -- $60 for knives is getting a bit steep!)
--
Steve
www.ApacheTrail.com/ww/
On 12 Jan 2004 07:53:14 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@att.net (Scott) wrote:

I have a 733.
If I had the $200, I'd spend for the 735, for the chip ejection and auto locking head.
Otherwise, the 733/734 is an excellent tool.
Barry