DeWalt's improvement?

I know for some of you, DeWalt represents a "professional" brand of tools but for many others it's just a high-end DIY's brand or a B&D Pro.

Anyway, I don't want to start a religious war here but I've noticed DeWalt pushed out a lot of seriously improved power tools in the past

2 years. Their new planer got great reviews, they improved their battery powered drills, they now make great impact drivers, their new line of sanders look promising, and sure enough the new jig saw looks strongly aggressive and powerful! It even got a tie in a magaziine review with the newly designed Bosch... Not the least - the mother of all jig saw.

I've never been a DeWalt fan, actually I got rid of all the DeWalt tools I had just to keep the sanders which are OK. It looks like they're getting away from the overpriced crap they use to make. Also looks like their redesigning and correcting all the tools that were notoriously bad (jig saw, belt sanders, reciprocating saw, drills, impact driver, etc.).

Wally

Reply to
Wally

I've been burned by them. Then I gave them another chance and got burned again. In all fairness, I also got their 12" mitre saw which is great (at least by my standards). But I'm extremely hestitant to give them any more of my money. A few magazine articles aren't going to sway me. No offense to the magazine reveiwers, but they have to keep their advertisers happy. I've never seen a mag review that panned a tool.

Maybe in 10 years, if they build up a good reputation, I'll try them again.

Reply to
bf