Dadonator??

While looking at different sites for router bits I noticed on Infinity Tools site the "Dadonator". Their 8" dado blade set has six teeth on their chippers and the whole unit weighs 8.5 lbs if all the blades are used. It cost $179 from them Any one out there have the set and how does it perform?

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
Barry Kwasny

Barry -

Don't have the dadonator, but did just get the Freud's SD 608 - adjustable dado. No tear out, at all on oak ply with just about the thinnest damn veneer I've seen, and a nice flat clean bottom. Hope you find the dadonator serves you well, but do check out the Freud blade if you can. You do have to assemble an initial stack, and from that point you have about .050 (or thereabouts...) leeway for adjustments in "clicks" of 4 thou...

It do save time....

John

Reply to
John Moorhead

I have the Dadonator. VERY nice set indeed. Here is my full review of the Dadonator

that answers your questions :)

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

50 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Spaceage Ceramic Bandsaw Guides

- Infinity "Dadonator" Stacked Dado Set

- GMC LS950SPJ Scrolling Jigsaw

- Triton Powered Respirator

- Veritas Power Tool Guide

- Ryobi 6" Grinder/Stand Combo

Woodcrafter

Barry, I have the Dadonator and have been using it in my shop for some time now. This thing is a bunch better than anything I have ever used. It is dead-on accurate, makes VERY square-sided, flat (almost polished) bottomed dados and doesn't cost a ton, about $180 the last time I looked. I have a review of the Dadonator at the link below with photos and a link to the manufacturer, Infinity Tools.

Hintz

Tom Hintz