Looking for 3/8" Router Bits

Hello everyone, If anyone has or knows where I can find 3/8" router bits, I would really appreciate it. I would prefer they were in excellent condition, or at least very good. New, used, etc. is fine. I already looked on eBay and in some local stores but have found nothing.

Reply to
Tom Martinello

Leigh Jigs sell them

Reply to
Leon

We (PRC) have an arbor (3/8) an bearings that accepts more than 60 cutters. Bevels, slotters, round overs, rabbeters, ogees etc. etc. Connect to

for catalog.

Routerman P. Warner

Reply to
John

Reply to
Tom Martinello

I don't think the collet is removable. I already have a 1/4" that is sitting on the floor doing nothing, now. :) I didn't realize they made these

3/8" routers when I bought this router last weekend, so now I am just looking for what I need to run it.
Reply to
Tom Martinello

I'm pretty sure that I've seen them at Highland Hardware (GA. & on the Internet) and that they have 8mm shank ones as well (if you get another "deal" on a router ).

Reply to
George

I believe that Amana makes router bits with a 3/8" shank. If you have a cabinet shop nearby they may have a distributor that can get you what you need. I think that 3/8" shank bits are industrial bit sizes. mike

Reply to
mike

"Tom Martinello" wrote in news:K_izc.60063$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp-post.primus.ca:

Several of the local gurus have tried, and continue to use, 3/8" shank end mills, as are sold for metal working, for routing wood. The thinking is/was, that these had more flutes, offering a smoother cut, and were quite cost effective as well.

I bought a 3/8" collett for one of my PC routers, when I came across it, but, so far, haven't done anything with it.

So check out metal working supply sources, if such are reasonably available to you. I remember pricing in the sub $10 range, but my memory of certain details isn't perfect.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Try a machine tool supply store, they have completely different sources with most bits of pure carbide and of less expense than the "woodworking" sources.

Case in point 1/2" solid carbit up spiral for $24.00

I bought a "worn" 3/8 up spiral for $3.00 had it sharpened for $6.00.

I should have bought their compression bit when it was out too, but didn't figure I would ever use it.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

Okay, thanks for the information. I checked out that Leigh place, and I wasn't getting anywhere online. It looks like they just make moulding for you?

Reply to
Tom Martinello

The router, itself, has a hell of a lot more power than anything I have used. The only drawback is the fact Milwaukee no longer makes the damn thing. But, I will use it with whatever bits I can find for it. I can always thicken the1/4" bits I have, but I don't really want to go that route just yet.

Reply to
Tom Martinello

"Tom Martinello" wrote in news:ZzMzc.1336$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp-post.primus.ca:

Before you do that, review very carefully the site Pat Warner recommended in an earlier post. Pat's one of the true router gurus.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 02:57:17 GMT, patriarch calmly ranted:

INFO: Pat's book, The Router Book, is on sale at Woodworker's Book Club for $6 this month. #80663-7

No affiliation other than membership.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"patriarch snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcastDOTnet" Before you do that, review very carefully the site Pat Warner recommended

...and which site was that? I have saved all the ones that have been sent to me, so far. I am slowly checking them out as time goes by. :)

Reply to
Tom Martinello

"Tom Martinello" wrote in news:JOqAc.5812$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp-post.primus.ca:

patriarch