crank handle help

I have a 1950's craftsman table saw model 113. I'm trying to remove the two chrome crank handles. I removed the allen head set screw fom the back/side, but the handle won't pull off the shaft. Can anyone help? Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jammindj1

Kroil

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I was given a 30 year old Delta saw with a broken belt. I had to take it to a local small machinery shop to have the gear taken off the arbor, because I snapped part of the flange off with a gearpuller. They wound up using a torch to finally get the thing off.

If you've got a good heat gun, you might give that a try.

-Nathan

Reply to
N Hurst

First, make absolutely sure there isn't another set screw either under the one you loosened or at 90-deg from that one--both are relatively common/possible.

If then the Kroil or other solvent doesn't do the trick, a gear puller will.

Reply to
dpb

There is a product, which you should be able to get at your local NAPA auto parts store, or any REAL parts store, called "Blaster." It is great at freeing up stuck parts. As has been said, make sure there is not another set screw lurking somewhere. The load it up with Blaster. If that does not make it come free, get a propane torch and GENTLY heat the part. When it is cool enough that the Blaster does not boil away, but still very warm, load it up with Blaster again. It should come free.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb