Craftsman Craftsman 12 in. Band Saw any good?

Comments on the the above two wheel steel frame band saw anyone? Looking for a hobbyist band saw for a small shop...other possibilties would be Ryobi 9002 or perhaps Ryobi BS1001
Add pictures here
āœ–

Paul,
I bought a small bandsaw from House of Tools for $200 for my smalll basement shop. It's decent quality, but I *really* regret not saving a bit more and buying a 14" that could take a riser kit.
The small saws really are limited in what they can do. You should think hard about a 14" Delta or such.
My $0.02 (CDN)
djb
--
Any government will work if authority and responsibility are equal and
coordinate. This does not insure "good" government; it simply insures that it
Dave Balderstone wrote:

about 14" cast two wheelers....a little more than I want to spend although if I could find a used one.....I was in the states yesterday and dropped by a Sears store and was kinda impressed by the Craftsman, its depth of cut is 7", whether it has the jam to do that or not is certainly debatable http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&tabŽs&pid922400000&bidsite=CRAFT&vertical=TOOL&ihtoken=1#tab
Add pictures here
āœ–

Looks like it may be US only, I couldn't find it on the sears.ca site.
I'd like a 7" resaw depth, fer sure. But the price for a 14" isn't that much more...
djb
--
The moral difference between a soldier and a civilian is that the soldier
accepts personal responsibility for the safety of the body politic of which he

If you look down the page a bit, someone wrote about it in depth.
Add pictures here
āœ–
Toller wrote:

eyes...could you point me where HaHa? THX
Add pictures here
āœ–

It was Jan 14, titled " Review of Craftsman new 12 inch Band Saw" (or something similar). RM~
Add pictures here
āœ–