Craftsman 113.23800 found at estate sale

I just picked this up at an estate sale. Craftsman 113.23800

also came with two tool rests. Seems to power up and work just fine...

Unfortunately the estate sale was a total wreck, the basement had stuff cluttered everywhere and I had to piece all the parts together... I'm not sure if I missed something or not.

What I can't figure out is a) how to remove the sander from the headstock, and b) if there's some other attachment to make use of the lathe.

Also, anyone know where i can find a manual for this?

Thanks!

Reply to
josh.m.sharpe

cluttered everywhere and I had to piece all the parts together... I'm not sure if I missed something or not.

b) if there's some other attachment to make use of the lathe.

welcome!

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Google is your friend.

I just picked this up at an estate sale. Craftsman 113.23800

also came with two tool rests. Seems to power up and work just fine... Unfortunately the estate sale was a total wreck, the basement had stuff cluttered everywhere and I had to piece all the parts together... I'm not sure if I missed something or not. What I can't figure out is a) how to remove the sander from the headstock, and b) if there's some other attachment to make use of the lathe. Also, anyone know where i can find a manual for this? Thanks!

Reply to
Joe

k, and b) if there's some other attachment to make use of the lathe.

Take off the pulley cover. The axle/shaft, for the pulley, probably has a = hole through the center of the shaft. Ram a small rod through the hole to = dislodge the disc.... and the "rod" that's holding the disc. The rod, hold= ing the disc, is seated in the shaft's hole.

There might be a model similar to yours here:

cedarsonny

Thanks everyone for the manual replies.

It looks like I'm missing the point that attaches to the headstock (since the sander was installed).

It's part 20/21 in the part diagram/list here:

Here's a close up of the headstock:

inner measurement of the threads pictured is 5/8"

Did some googling... and found this:

looking for confirmation that this is probably what I need.

Thanks!

Reply to
josh.m.sharpe

Put the lock pin in & unscrew that hub. Should be a 3/4-16 shaft on that lathe.

Jerry

Jerry OHIO

jeffro