Work Bench - Estate Sale in Tyler, Tx.

Anyone in the Dallas area looking for an old(?) work bench? Might be had for reasonably cheap.

Page half way down, among the pics:

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Direct links to workbench pictures:

DerbyDad03

Looks like an old Rail Road man. Nice stuff. Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Yes, I agree, but it would take what is left of my life just to sort it out. Best to pass it on to heirs that care with enough cash to carry out the intents of the parents.

They even had a "Cash iron pot" with plants on the porch, stoop, veranda, or whatever its called. :)

Reply to
OFWW

Though the sale has ended, I took another look at the pics. First time ar ound I missed that double cast iron sink (pic #100), with double drain and backsplash across the whole unit. Lots of folks around here look for thos e "complete" sinks, for their camps. They are very desirable for game/fis h/etc. cleaning. I've only seen three and one of those is in my younger b rother's camp.

The one my brother has is huge, about 10' wide and the backsplash is about a foot or so high, really unusual. It must have originally been in a comm ercial setting.

Sonny

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Is the fishing really that good around there where you are?

Reply to
OFWW

Yes....

I assume it's normal to catch a med or large ice chest full of bream (dayti me fishing) or white perch (day or night fishing). Salt water (snapper, r ed fish, others), 2-3 large chests is common. There's deer/duck hunting c aches to be cleaned, cut up, wrapped. Not uncommon to catch 50-100-200 fro gs a night, also. Quantities of vegetable handling/cleaning. Large sinks are almost a must, no matter if they're new or old.

Those old cast iron double sinks are very desireable. Much preferred to a one sink/drain unit, then having to moving on to a wood/formica countertop for further handling. Some of those old CI units have deep sinks, great fo r the large strainers we often use:

80&bih=841

Sometimes, if a large sink or other container is not in use/available, folk s use a water hose, off to the side/on the ground, i.e., not a good establi shed place for cleaning/processing, etc, .... The area becomes muddy, less cleanliness control at times, or such, when that's the case.

Those old double sinks/double drains, *in good shape, are fairly rare. Sel dom does one become available. The one in that pic looked pretty good.... easily a $300-$600 (maybe/probably more, depending on the bidders) sink.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Hmmm, I'm going to have to see if I can talk my wife into moving there, but I want to try some in Oregon first.

Here, in So Cal it just isn't that great. Ocean fishing is slowing down due to the raping of the seas by the Asian fishing fleets. Calif was supposed to protect our fish, what a laugh, now they are closing down great areas.

When I was a kid, ocean fishing was a lot like you described, but no more.

That would have been worth the travel then. I glossed over it, knowing I'd never be able to get there in time to pick anything up. Thanks for the link.

Reply to
OFWW