Cordless circular saw suggestions

Anybody have cordless circular saw suggestions?
I just smoked my Makita trim saw rough cutting 3/4" birch ply.
Barry

I use a Milwakee cordless with 18V battery every day. Rugged, dependable and suprizing battery life (I'm usually cross cutting 2x4 spruce). I haven't used any other brand to compare it to though...

Thanks, I'll check it out.
I'm not impressed with the Makita. I've only had it a few months, and I only use it for rough cutting ply to make it easier to handle on the table saw. On a tough day, I've only asked it to cut 30 linear feet or so. Yesterday, I was 16 feet into 20 feet of cutting and it bought the farm.
It seems to have shorted winding, as pulling the trigger results in extreme heat in the motor area.
Barry

I've put about 50lf thru the lil' 14.4V Skil - the close-out-special-for-fifty-bux-that-i-got-for-thirty since I had a gift card n'd nuthin else to buy there. so far, it's holding up nicely!
On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:17:08 GMT, "patrick conroy"

I actually did find a replacement Makita, remanufactured, at Tool King for $29.95. It's on the way! I'll probably see what Makita wants to fix my original saw. It SHOULD be under warranty, but I can't find the receipt, so I'll probably have to pay. I've never had a Makita tool die on me under warranty, so I didn't get too concerned over the receipt.
I guess I just need to let it rest, and not try to make all of my rough cuts sequentially. <G>
The little Makita is so handy, I use it for rough cutting ply, quickie length cuts of rough boards, wainscoting, vinyl siding, you name it. With no cord, it's so easy just to whip it out and cut.
Barry
I have an 18V Dewalt that seems pretty decent. Use it mostly for cutting 1/4 & 3/8 aluminum plate though. Get extra batteries.

I use a Makita 6 1/2" but haven't seen one in any local store for ages. I got mine at HD about 4-5 years ago. Still works great. In fact I recently got a sweet, high-tooth count blade for it from CMT. Only negative thing I've got to say about it is it's hell on batteries.
David