Coffin Needs

Page 2 of 3

Mike, Would you post back what you find out, especially regulations, and dimensions?

Thank you for posting. I have much the same idea. And it's not morbid, it's the realities. And it's a good a time as any to have some fun right to the end.
I was at a furenal for my neighbour. Her casket had the look of pressed paper/formed MDF/particleboard with a faux finish that was badly layed on. It was less than impressive at the cost being charged.
I wouldn't worry too much about the wood variaety or thickness - 3/4" will be just fine. It'll be a damn sight stronger than 'store bought'. Just make sure the bottom won't fall out.
I have plans somewhere to build myself a coffin table that will convert to a real coffin (remove the legs), But I will down size it for cremation ashes. A funeral home idea of "a container suitable for creamation" is a cardboard box.
Pete
The only thing wrong with dying, is it's so hard to get up in the morning.
On 2/3/2006 9:36 PM snipped-for-privacy@mts.net mumbled something about the following:

But there's enough to sleep when you die.
--
Odinn

On 2/4/2006 9:38 AM Odinn mumbled something about the following:

Damn, that should have said
But there's time enough to sleep when you die.
Odinn wrote:

and it will be the best sleep you ever had
On 2/5/2006 2:55 PM FRANK mumbled something about the following:

Anything has got to be better than the sleep I've been getting lately. Hasn't a night gone by in the last week that my pager hasn't gone off at least a half a dozen times during the middle of the night about one of the servers at work going nuts, or some idiot in the operations center can't figure out how they got their outlook into the offline mode and it won't retrieve or send any email.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"Odinn" < snipped-for-privacy@ngynagnovxre.arg> wrote in message
On 2/6/2006 10:50 AM Charley mumbled something about the following:

We are a 24/7 operation (we host over several thousands of banks online presence). There are 4 admins in our home office to run the corporate side that keeps the hosting operation alive, and we rotate the pager duty. I just happened to have it this past week, and since I'm salaried, I'm paid to work whenever they need me to work, which is often times in the middle of the night or weekends. If I don't answer the pager, it's a good chance I won't have a job the next day.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

I used to get office calls for folks that lost their icon for Word in windoz 95 and couldn't work until I came out and "fixed" their computer..
Love that easy money, thank (insert choice) for technopeasents...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Odinn wrote:

I'm just guessing here, but shouldn't you be a few levels farther down (up) the support food-chain?
er
--
email not valid

On 2/6/2006 2:52 PM Enoch Root mumbled something about the following:

See my previous reply to Charley. When on call, you are all the levels up/down the food chain.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
Odinn wrote:

I think I told my thanksgiving (sysadmin recovery) story here awhile back. Finally got out and into more of a research environment, which makes me happy. :)
er
--
email not valid

On 2/7/2006 2:47 AM Enoch Root mumbled something about the following:

I started here as a software engineer, they downsized and offered me a position as a sysadmin or go find another job. I was already being paid at the top of the scale for a developer, way over the top for an admin, and this was in 2002, so I took the admin position. Here it is now 2006, and I've gotten good pay raises (not great, just good), and now I'm paid way more than I can find in any admin or development position around here. The only positions I can find that pay over $100k a year are management, and there's currently no way I'll go back into management (not that I look like the management type
http://odinn-frigga.tripod.com/me.jpg ), so I just deal with being the lead admin, and having to be on call 24/7 for one week out of every 4 (soon to be 5 as we are getting another admin soon).
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
Charley

"Odinn" < snipped-for-privacy@ngynagnovxre.arg> wrote in message

Now that's a classic unix mug.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Unfortunately, I'm forced into a Windows world. I still manage about 20+ AIX servers, about 10 HP servers and about another 20 linux servers, and 150+ Windows servers. Although, my unix counts will go up after we consolidate 2 of our offices later this month, 50+ Solaris and AIX servers. At least I don't have to manage the Exchange or AV or spyware or backups, those are handled by the other admins.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
Odinn wrote:

Nice pic, thanks for that. :)
er
--
email not valid

Tue, Feb 7, 2006, 7:26am snipped-for-privacy@ngynagnovxre.arg (Odinn) did posteth: <snip> (not that I look like the management type
http://odinn-frigga.tripod.com/me.jpg ), <snip>
Damn. I used to think "my" picture looked bad. Never more, never more. LMAO
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.
J T wrote:

Me I keep seeing him, hair braided on the temples, waving a claymore about in a crowd of frantic monks.
er
--
email not valid

On 2/7/2006 3:59 PM Enoch Root mumbled something about the following:

How about this pic?
http://odinn-frigga.tripod.com/scoot/me.jpg
--
Odinn