canadian tires TKO 14.4 impact driver

They have this on sale this week at your local Canadian Tire Store for $129.99 http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id 5524443281436&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id08474396672077&bmUID72451299082
anyone have one?
what are your thoughts as opposed to screw gun?
supposedly has 1050 in/lbs of torque?
any ideas?

I don't have one, but I'm just not a fan of Crappy Tire tools, at least not ones that are built and marketed by them. Don't get me wrong, I buy from them when I need something quick and available so I can finish building whatever I'm working on.
If it's just an occasional need for a drill, it will probably fill your need, but if you're building regularly something that requires a cordless drill, then I'd be looking for a brand that has a better history, or in fact has a history at all. IMHO

In general terms I agree with the reluctance to buy Canadian Tire tools. This one I bought on the endorsement of a fellow woodbutcher. One thing about Canadian Tire, you never have any issues with returns.... and 5 year warranty on the whole kit, and a fast charger and 2 batteries...for an impact driver that works as well as this one..hey.. helluva deal.
It is an exception, I admit.

Get the one with the 1/4" chuck for driver bits. 5 years warranty, works like a dream...cheap!
I am buying a second one.
what kind of battery life do you get?
Will it take the nuts of a car to change the tires?

With only 90 lb.-ft. torque not sat all likely. Most mechanics use 350-600 lb.-ft. impact tools.
Joe

A regular day's work installing a kitchen out of one battery...maybe flip into the next one at the end of the day... never paid attention to it.

I don't have the one with the 3/8 drive... but if some idiot mechanic put them on with one of those pneumatic sledgehammers (most often way too tight), I doubt this little guy will take them off...but it will take the head off a # 10 woodscrew. Mine has.
Just buy it, you'll be pleased.... unless you're changing the prop on a tugboat. (Probably a # 8 morse with a keyway and the castled nut hand-tight...lol..who knows?)

Scott,
Well, I guess it depends on what you plan on using it for. If for drywall, don't bother, you will drive the screws too deep. If you want to drive screws into solid wood with confidence, get the impact driver. I got an impact driver last year and couldn't do without it. Now, my drill only drills. The impact driver drives screws.
Once you decide to get one, shop around. Saving a few bucks because something is on sale isn't always the best long-term buy decision. Check out features, reviews, warranty, etc. and make your decision in advance - a consumer model for casual use or a pro version to drive screws all day long. Also consider (as with any battery powered tool) how long it takes to charge and how much an extra battery costs. I like 2 batteries with a short 1 hour charge time. Nothing worst than running out of power. Ok, I guess there are worst things......
Michel www.woodstoneproductions.com Woodworking Portal