cafe doors

I'm planning on making a pair of cafe doors and want to use the standard pivot hinges for them; by "standard" I mean those with a sloped and notched nylon block at the bottom...the notch holds them open, the slope allows them to swing closed once moved from the notch.
The problem is, those hinges only allow 180 degres of swing, 90 degrees in each direction, from the closed position and I need 180 degrees in one direction. IOW, I want to be able to open the doors flat aganst the wall in one direction.
Anyone know of any hinges that will do all the above? If not, how about this...
1. attach a piece of wood to the jamb
2. hinge a second piece of wood to #1
3. attach cafe hinges to #2
What should happen is...
1. push the cafe door open, it stops at 90 degrees
2. keep pushing and the #2 piece of wood swings 90 degrees, cafe door is at 180 degrees.
Thoughts?
dadiOH

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Hardware/page.aspx?cat=3&pA241
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

So which of their hinges fits the specification?

Probably several of the 20+ listed. The purchaser can examine as many as he wants, and then decide which best meets his needs. You or I cannot make this decision for him.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

In other words you couldn't be assed to actually understand the question and look for a relevant answer, you just post a link to a page of hinges and hope that one of them fits?

I apologise if "several of the 20+ listed" was not clear enough for everyone. It seemed clear to me at the time. It still does.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

wogked for that scenario - 180 degrees one direction only - 90 the other. I think Hager makes (made) them. I think Bommer also makes (made) them. From memory they are not cheap.
I do know the one window/door company I worked for (about 15 years ago) installed several doors that worked that way.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca says...

It looks like it might be possible to trick a double-pivot spring hinge to work that way. Bommer has some of those with a hold-open latch. I'd have to have some in my possession and futz with them to be sure though.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Thanks, I looked them up and -as you said, not cheap. At <$200 - $400 I'll be mocking up my own version (above).

$200 hinges were commonplace, along with $600 locksets. It was nothing to have a $100,000 window order for one house. and there were lots of $8000 to $10,000 "entry systems" as well.
All quality stuff, whether wood, vinyl, aluminum, or fiberglass. And unlike the company I worked for before, the saleman knew how to measure - and their installers (all either partners in the business or employees - NOT subcontractors) really knew how to install properly.
The previous company had a warehoiuse full of windows that were ordered wrong, and kept one man very busy fixing the "oopses" made by the subcontract installers. They sold some very high quality stuff too, and there was virtually NOTHING they couldn't get done - mounting antique stained glass in new "period correct" modern windows for historical districts etc, - it was all in a day's work for "Pickle-Man" (Notice I didn't say it always got done right the FIRST time - but it always got done)