Beefy Cafe Hinges for outside application

I'm putting some saloon type doors on an entrace to a deck. I want the doors to be self closing like saloon doors. I have searched the web quite a bit and only found wimpy cafe hinges that do not seem suitable for outdoor use or for the weight of the door.

Any suggestions on where I can find a more robust set of hinges would be appreciated.

Reply to
Wyatt Wright

They're expensive, but they will do what you want.

?SID=&ccurrency=1&page=45043&category=3,41241,41259

Reply to
Upscale

The thing you're looking for is a "double acting spring hinge"

You might want to take a look at . They have them for doors weighing up to 325 pounds. Apparently you have to order them through Yale or Essex locksmiths.

Also that has a different brand and appears to accept online orders.

Reply to
J. Clarke

are expensive. And more than I want to pay. They don't look like they swing both ways like I want them to. The ones below will swing both ways and are in my price range. I wonder if they self-close. It would appear that they will.

Wyatt Wright

Here is an alternative, not sure how much they would hold up, but they are considerably cheaper

Luck

> They are expensive. And more than I want to pay. They don't look

Clif

I assume these are the wimpy ones:

about these beefy ones:
(scroll down to the second product)