Re David Zaret Thanks

David,

From what I have been reading the General TS is better overall (primarily fit and finish) than the Powermatic. I appreciate your input.

As for widebelt vs drum sander, only the Grizz 15" open end is in my price range. With this I would have to end-to-end wider pieces in order to get edge-to-edge coverage. In most cases I hand sand with my ROS before finishing. I envision using the drum (or widebelt) as a second-to-last sander for wide panels, etc. then final sanding with my ROS. Even without a surface thats ready to finish the drum would save me a ton of time using a belt sander and hand planes.

Thanks

Scot

Reply to
srazor