Replacing Glass shower door hinges?

I have a question regarding the hinge replacements on a heavy glass shower door.

The house is 2 years old and uses Laurence 037 type heavy duty hinges. Three of them per door. When they were installed, they were SUPPOSED to be the PVD-type lifetime finish brass. Well, 2 years later and they look like hell.

So, I ordered up new hinges in the same model, but guaranteed ULTRA BRASS (PVD) finish and was wondering what to expect when re-hanging these doors. This is 1/2" thick glass and I expect to weight a bit. Does anyone have comments on the best way to approach this? Do I rehang the hinges to the wall first, and then bolt to glass (I think so).

Any experience comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Harris