Record planes

I have three Record planes that have never been used and I would like to sell them. An 03, an 06 and an 07. Still in original boxes. Was wondering about price, suggestions?

Max

Reply to
Max

put them up on EBAY and the market will determine the price.

Reply to
woodchucker

They could have been made in the 1930's. Do you have the original receipts? If you do, in spite of the dramatic depreciation over the years I'd be willing to buy them. Unlike the other cheap SOBs here, I'd pay 50% of the original price.

Start here for some idea of price.

Ed Pawlowski

Max wrote in news:5597ef4b$0$44781$c3e8da3$dd9697d2 @news.astraweb.com:

I dunno if Record planes have any collectible value in the US. As a UK brand, there's likely to be more interest there.

It's my perception that, during Stanley's drek era, Record planes held their quality. So even if these are 70's, 80's, or 90's vintage planes they're likely to be very servicable users.

Google points me to a UK site here:

Woodchucker's idea of putting them on Ebay and seeing what interest you get seems simplest.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Reply to
Max

On 07/05/2015 9:09 AM, Max wrote: ...

Do some looking for what they're bringing firstest _before_ just making a blind listing, however.

Record's in good shape should do reasonably well; having original boxes assuming are in good shape makes towards the collector side rather than just used, utilitarian. Again, if you can date them as being older rather than newer is better...

Reply to
dpb

Max, if you put these on ebay would you be so kind as to post item #'s here (if that is not against the group charter). I would be interested in all three provided you would be willing to ship to England. I regularly use & have a small collection of Record hand planes. These could be useful to me.

Thanks, Nick.

Reply to
Nick