Tips on Refinishing Bilco Doors

My Bilco doors are starting to rust. I'd like to strip them down then prime and paint them. Any good tips on doing this? What type of primer and paint are best for this to avoid rusting again.

Regards

Reply to
deja

Get a wire wheel for your drill and knock loose any peeling paint and rust and prime with rustoleum finish with your choice of paint. You could use chemical strippers and naval jelly but why agravate yourself, they will start to rust again in two years no matter what you do.

Reply to
RayV

If you like an industrial look, i noticed that you can now get cold galvinizing spray paint. Basically a zinc spray paint that makes metal look like galvinized nails or fence wire.

You can use it as a primer too but I don't know how it effect the final finish. Other brands available.

Reply to
PipeDown

Brush-paint over the rust (scrape off any loose stuff, but no need to get it all) with POR-15. You will never see rust again. Car restorers use it all the time.

On 8 May 2006 12:42:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@homerlex.mailshell.com wrotF:

Reply to
46erjoe