Bosch 1617 VESPK Plunge Base

I have a Bosch Model 1617EVS router that came with my Jet TS (it was a special). In looking at their model 1617EVSPK, it seems that if I can locate a replacement plunge base, I will be able to use mine as a plunge.

I can't seem to locate where I can buy the plunge base separate from the whole rouyer. I have tried Bosch OEM parts places, but am not having any luck - any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
news.east.cox.net

You can usually find this kind of stuff on EBAY. One sold on Feb 20 and Feb 22 for 60 and 70 dollars respectively. This is a sense of perspective. W

Reply to
hikinandbikin

Here's where I got mine two years ago:

I didn't pay anywhere *near* that much for it. Yikes!

A Froogle search

up this:
is pretty close to what I paid in Jan or Feb '03.

Or you could try eBay. They pop up from time to time.

Doug Miller

Amazon has it, but its not cheap.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

International tools has it for $95

as suggested, e-bay

Zeke change com to net for e-mail

Reply to
Zeke

Google is your friend.

Plenty of places sell it, but it's not cheap. For not that much more, you can get a kit with BOTH bases and another motor.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Then sell the extra motor and base on eBay...

Doug Miller

Come now, that would violate the rule of never having enough routers.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

I have tried to buy one on ebay, but they usually go for over retail. IMHO you are better off just buying a plunge router and leaving the 1617 in your table; especially since the plunge base does not a switch in the handle. Almost as cheap, and certainly easier.

Reply to
toller

I had the exact same problem and found the plunge base was so expensive that I bought a non variable speed 1617 with a plunge base for about $70 canadian more than Bosch wanted for the base alone.

Reply to
Rob