Bosch 1617 VESPK Plunge Base

I have a Bosch Model 1617EVS router that came with my Jet TS (it was a special). In looking at their model 1617EVSPK, it seems that if I can locate a replacement plunge base, I will be able to use mine as a plunge.
I can't seem to locate where I can buy the plunge base separate from the whole rouyer. I have tried Bosch OEM parts places, but am not having any luck - any ideas?
Thanks.
news.east.cox.net wrote:

can
plunge.
the
any
You can usually find this kind of stuff on EBAY. One sold on Feb 20 and Feb 22 for 60 and 70 dollars respectively. This is a sense of perspective. W

Here's where I got mine two years ago: http://store.yahoo.com/boschpowertoolsource/boraplba.html but I didn't pay anywhere *near* that much for it. Yikes!
A Froogle search http://www.google.com/froogle?q=ra1166 turned up this: http://www.toolsforless.com/cgi-bin/ToolBig.pl?SKU=RA1166 which is pretty close to what I paid in Jan or Feb '03.
Or you could try eBay. They pop up from time to time.
Amazon has it, but its not cheap.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)09643521/br=1-9/ref=br_lf_hi_9//104-5422672-9170335?v=glance&s=hi&nt6828
SteveP.

says...

International tools has it for $95 http://www.internationaltool.com/boschrouteraccys.htm Or as suggested, e-bay
Zeke change com to net for e-mail
news.east.cox.net wrote:

Google is your friend.
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=bosch+RA1166&btnG=Search
Plenty of places sell it, but it's not cheap. For not that much more, you can get a kit with BOTH bases and another motor.
Barry

Then sell the extra motor and base on eBay...
Come now, that would violate the rule of never having enough routers.
SteveP.

I had the exact same problem and found the plunge base was so expensive that I bought a non variable speed 1617 with a plunge base for about $70 canadian more than Bosch wanted for the base alone.

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=bosch+RA1166&btnG=Search
I have tried to buy one on ebay, but they usually go for over retail. IMHO you are better off just buying a plunge router and leaving the 1617 in your table; especially since the plunge base does not a switch in the handle. Almost as cheap, and certainly easier.