Black & Decker to Buy Power Toolmaker

Thought you guy's might find this intresting..
http://money.excite.com/ht/nw/bus/20040719/hle_bus-n19313902.html
|Thought you guy's might find this intresting.. | |http://money.excite.com/ht/nw/bus/20040719/hle_bus-n19313902.html
Jeezus, why didn't you give me this info on Friday [g].
An 11% pop in the share price today. A coupla hundred shares would have paid for my Unisaw.
Wes
There goes the neighborhood!

interesting that it doesn't mention powermatic. I wonder what will happen with them...

snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Just guessing here, but maybe because WMH Tool Group owns Powermatic...
Powermatic is not owned by that group.
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 01:14:38 GMT, "Leon"

yep. I realized that right after I hit the send button.
<G>

Definitions ---
USENET: open mouth, insert foot. echo internationally.
Welcome to USENET!!
*grin*
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 04:38:45 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

heh. I resemble that description....
Wow. I can not fathom the loss of quality of those other brand names *if* B&D takes over the QC of those other products. I never like B&D and unless they can show me that their quality has improved drastically, i will continue to not buy their products.
Sorry guys. Just my experience.
keepcold wrote:

Calm Down...take a breathe...do not jump to conclusions.....B & D also owns Dewalt...a fine tool maker....I believe that this will make all companies better for us the consumer...it is a done deal...so let us make lemonade and keep a positive attitude...there is no good in sounding off about things that have not happened and most likley will not happen....keep your chin up man
Mike from American Sycamore THE DELTA PORTER-Cable national training facility

I wondered how long it would take before the cat is let out of the bag, that's a major chunk of the pie.
Now...will they do the same as they did to Elu or will they continue to expand the line? a complete Porter Cable / DeWalt catalog would make for a lot of power tool choice.....for a while.
I fear this in not really good news!
--
Jon Down
Hmmmm.... Bright orange Unisaws built completely out out of recycled plastic. That will be a tough sell.
keepcold wrote:

How bout with a built in coffee maker...
Yepppp... They will call it "Mr.Table Saw"
Leon wrote:

The article says Milwaukee is also up for sale. Very interesting. Maybe TTI/OWT/Ryobi will pick them up.