battle of the pieces

I'm finding I'm starting to build up quite the collection of small BC and oak 3/4" plywood scraps as they get too small to be useful in a cabinet. I hate to throw anything out since I might need a small scrap someday but it's also taking up valueable storage space that I could store something I'll use more frequently. Any thoughts on what to build out of them?

A boix for some of my small scraps?
You don't specify size, but I seem to get a lot of 11" x 12" stuff that is close to dead useless. Maybe use rabbets to build a saw blade box with inserts from 1/4" ply scraps? Boxes for any small tools you have to cart around so you can sh*tcan those lousy blow molded boxes? Step stools for different areas in shop and house?
Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

Cut up those scraps and make bundles of kindling firewood which you sell to sailors who have a fireplace on board their boats.
Don't laugh, it's a lot more common than you might think, especially in areas like SF Bay, Portland, & Seattle on the Left Coast, any place on the Great Lakes as well as most of the East Coast, especially anything north of Charleston, SC.
HTH
--
Lew

I just got rid of a 25" TV box that was filled to brimming with small scraps like that. I just ran out of room for the thing, so off to the landfill it went.
I don't really miss it.
Silvan wrote:

Anyone in the neighborhood heat with wood? I just put the box out by the curb with a "Free Kindling Wood" sign and it is gone in 24 hours or less.
I used to burn a few cords of wood a year to heat. If I have to buy wood, it is as expensive as oil and much more work.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Nope. Nobody burns wood anymore.
Maybe I should put an ad in the Trading Post or something. I just can't escape the damn McIntyre don't-throw-anything-away gene. I saved it from curbside at the last minute and stuck it in my den.
I'm pathetic.
Boys/Girls Club in neighborhood?
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:46:32 -0500, Silvan

snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

No, but I do have a bunch of Cub Scouts... Hrm...
Our city FINALLY included green cuttings for composting, and it includes wood scraps.
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:11:12 -0500, Silvan

Thu, Feb 19, 2004, 2:03pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Mark) asks: <snip> Any thoughts on what to build out of them?
Yep.
JOAT Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is too precious to be left to politicians.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 19 Feb 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /
Check out Gregory Jensen's post to abpw "Turning plywood ??" Puff

We all have the same collection of "valuable" scraps...
About twice a year I have a lovely little fire out back...
Invite the bride out so she can bask in the glow of that burning plywood.... Get a few hot dogs and have a little dinner while you watch it burn...
You can even make it a "holiday event" and do it during Thanksgiving or Christmas... The kids love a fire.